The donation of the body is the cession of the same after dying to be used in medical research and education.
The donation of bodies allows teaching Anatomy to students of Medicine and other areas of Health Sciences studies and to give advanced training to doctors and surgeons, as they can learn new techniques and practice with surgical instrumentation without risk to their patients.
Thanks to this donations the Miguel Hernandez University of Elche achieves several objectives of great value: on the one hand, the students acquire valuable knowledge in the field of Health Sciences as among others, surgical practice training.
On the other hand we give doctors and surgeons medical knowledge, especially from the practical point of view, without any danger for the patient.
Finally, our researchers are also encouraged to carry out studies and develop new surgical techniques that can be used in all hospitals around the world.
“The donation of the body to science is an altruistic gesture, considered one of the greatest acts of kindness among human beings.”
The Miguel Hernández University of Elche wishes to extend its deepest gratitude to you for the donation, since thanks to your generosity, we can facilitate the training to our Medicine students and do research in Health.
- Documento a cumplimentar para la donación de cuerpos a la UMH para la docencia en investigación.
- Document to be completed for body donation to the UMH in connection with teaching and research.
- Listado de Funerarias/List of funeral homes
Many people have doubts about what it means to be a Body Donor and how the Body Donor Program of the Faculty of Medicine of the Miguel Hernández University of Elche (UMH) works.
Questions like the following:
- Will they pay me or my family for the body donation?
- What requirements must be met to be a Donor of the Faculty of Medicine of the UMH?
- Does my body donation involve the donation of organs for transplant?
- How will my body be used in the Faculty of Medicine of the UMH?
- How are the bodies preserved during the time they remain at the Faculty?
The answers to these and other questions are available in the Frequently Asked Questions document that we make available to people interested in donating their body to the UMH.
- Tfno.- 965919427 (Att. Margarita Castro)
- Tfno.- 965919270 – 679091705 (Att. Mª Luz Campos Vega)
- Email.- firstname.lastname@example.org